April 29, 2009
Yes, I know everyone has the best recipe. Everyone has a theory, too – to chill or not to chill. That is the question. Oh, and what about thin and crispy or thick and chewy? Well, to each their own. That’s my motto about lots of things. But I do encourage you to try these!
CHIPITS® CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) butter or margarine
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt
- 1 package (270 g) CHIPITS® Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped nuts (optional)
1. Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In large bowl, beat butter, sugars until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until creamy.
3. In medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture. Stir in milk chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
These take but a moment to whip up. Graham was getting the pizza for our Pizza & Euchre night with my old roommates. We’d just come back from squeezing in a run, after I was seriously late getting away from my desk at work. Oh, and I’d also just set up our new wooden patio table and chairs from Ikea. And I was half changed – into jeans, but still in my sportsbra, Garmin HRM strap and sweaty top. We got it all done and had a fantastic games night – 3 cookies indeed!
April 28, 2009
I’ve been seeing this on lots of blogs lately, so thought you might like to hear about me!
8 Things I’m Looking Forward to:
- Beach vacation this summer.
- Mississauga 10K in a few weeks.
- My 26th birthday (yes, don’t mind getting older!).
- Getting a KitchenAid ice cream attachment and making my own!
- Catching up on the last two episodes of The Mentalist.
- Having my own garden someday.
- Traveling to tonnes of cool new places.
- Being a mother.
8 Things I Did Yesterday:
- Went to work.
- Had a lunch meeting where I turned down pizza in favour of my packed salad!
- Run with Graham (7k).
- Used my Garmin – love it!
- Made a really tasty salad for dinner – spinach with pecans, apples and aged white cheddar, and a sweet balsamic dressing.
- Ate my Daring Bakers cheesecake. yum.
- Watched DWTS – loved the team dances!
- Read Rachael Ray magazine in bed before bed.
8 Things I Wish I Could Do/Want to Do:
- Find a job that I love and am passionate about.
- Spend more time with my parents and sister on the weekends.
- Go to Hawaii.
- Go on DWTS. Or, just learn how to dance. 🙂
- Skip work tomorrow, read all morning with coffee and banana bread.
- Spend my days on the beach.
- Convince Graham that we should run a marathon.
- Cook on a gas stove.
8 Shows I Watch:
- The Mentalist
- The Amazing Race
- Sarah’s Cottage
- … that’s it
- … all done!
No one to tag… try it if you like!
Do I dare indulge in another mini-cheesecake… maybe a piece of my Lindt dark chocolate bunny… I think I hear the kitchen calling my name.
April 27, 2009
It’s a gorgeous evening in Toronto. Warm breeze, but still. Graham and I stood out on the balcony, letting our skin enjoy the air. After months of sweaters and jeans, shorts and a t-shirt feels amazing.
I’m going to update my running log tomorrow and start posting some photos again, too. We’ve had great meals lately – tasty, inexpensive and quick to prepare. My chef does an excellent job!
Off to bed for now. Night, all!
April 27, 2009
I’m baack! (more on that later)
The April 2009 challenge is hosted by Jenny from Jenny Bakes. She has chosen Abbey’s Infamous Cheesecake as the challenge.
My mistake turned into an up-side-down cheesecake! I divided the recipe and made only a third of it. I filled 8 muffin cups, set into the oven, cooled and then de-moulded. Or… not. The top de-moulded, but the bottom stayed firmly in place. Hey… that’s ok. I think they look great!
My spin on the cheesecake was substituting lime juice instead of lemon and adding peach juice to the batter. The sauce is a peach jam reduction.
Thanks for another great recipe, Daring Bakers! I am looking forward to May’s challenge.
(more on my blog respite and return tonight!)
April 8, 2009
YUM! (all caps)
I had the honey yesterday at lunch and had to restrain myself from eating the entire container. I thought it was better (calories and $$) to stretch it out in two sittings. I’ve just had the other half (or maybe only 1/3 after Graham’s huge spoonful last night) for breakfast with homemade maple pecan (and honey!) granola. Sooo tasty! I think I will save the blueberry for a few days. I may be going back for a few more flavours on the weekend! 🙂
April 6, 2009
Graham’s parents’ cat, Missy.
Chobani comes to Canada! 🙂
Graham eating Sunday night pizza.
See you tonight for a real food recap… we’ve been busy beavers in the kitchen!